Saturday, December 22, 2012

It has begun.

Finally, I have started yet another 30 day challenge. This one is the monster challenge. Some people call it the "monster girl challenge", but I couldn't decide if I wanted my monsters to be one gender or the other. So I'm doing both. Anyways, here's day one and two. Tomorrow is day three so look forward to that!


Harpies are known for being vicious, exclusively female, and magical. To reproduce, they rape male humans and when their hatchlings are born, they feed him to them. To attain a mate, food, shinies or really anything, they fight. The weakest die off eventually. I really wanted to draw one of the weaker harpies. Unlike other harpies, she does actually love her mate and will not feed him to her baby. Also unlike other harpies, she was only able to have one egg. She will love that egg.. I mean baby. She's probably going to die and her baby will be taken from her and taught the violent ways of the harpy packs. Anyway, besides that. I really just wanted to draw a sweet, non-evil harpy. I just like doing stuff like that.


Centaurs are known to have the trunk of a human, the body of a horse, and the strongest of the qualities of both species. What I discovered while studying the centaur ways is that they are created by magic, are gender-less  cannot reproduce, and are created for warfare. After war, mages would turn people into centaurs as punishment to mark them. The guy above was not evil.. I mean, he did bad things sometimes but like.. he was just turned into a centaur against his will because there is an evil sorcerer who is sadistic. So he is sad. Wah. 

That's all for tonight. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish the color pencil showed up better on your harpy picture! I love the composition and the pose of that one. It feels so safe!

    I wish the centaur wasn't crying! Im sucha sap! I feel like his legs are in a different perspective than the background. Im not sure how I feel about that lol And you'll get better with teh photoshope. We should have a photoshop day so I can show you what I do...Although Evan might be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That is what I was going for. ^_^ I'm glad that reads.

    Oh shyte. Yeah my horizon line is too low. Also the top half of the body is in different perspective than the bottom half. I was too involved with trying to figure out a new medium so I wasn't paying attention to the basics.

    ReplyDelete